Reception & Visitor Service (Full Time)
The messmer foundation is a non-profit foundation and sponsor of the kunsthalle messmer in Riegel am Kaiserstuhl. On approx. 900 square meters of exhibition space, the museum presents 3 – 5 temporary exhibitions on classical modern and contemporary art every year. We have an immediate full-time opening for the Reception & Visitor Services position. The working hours consist of a 5 day week, Mondays are always closed, Sat and Sun are alternated.
The bringst you bring:
- A warm and confident appearance! You are outgoing and approach people openly. to people.
- You convincest with a quick comprehension, are a team player and responsible
- Distinctive organizational skills, high level of commitment and greatresilience – even in more turbulent phases – are the hallmarks of Dme out.
- You want to support us at evening eventsts to support
- You receive and look after our visitors and the customers of the museum shop and the adjoining café.
- You will take on a variety of tasks such as customer service, goods receiving and cashier activities.
- You actively sell in the store & offers (guided tours etc.) of the kunsthalle messmer.
- In support, you will also take and process reservations for tours and events over the phone.
- We are a dynamic and young team in which you will have countless opportunities to grow in your position
- Diverse tasks, a steep learning curve and responsibility
- Regular team events
Please send your application with the usual documents by e-mail or by post to:
art gallery messmer,
Grand Duke Leopold Square 1
Tel: 07642 – 920 162
You are also welcome to contact us directly at the cash desk 🙂
From now on
The non-profit messmer foundation has supported the messmer art gallery in Riegel am Kaiserstuhl since 2009. On approx. 900 square meters of exhibition space, the museum presents 3 to 5 temporary exhibitions every year from classic modern to contemporary art (including Marc Chagall, Salvador Dalí, Andy Warhol, Friedensreich Hundertwasser, Joan Miró, Leon Löwentraut and many more).
We are now offering a full-time position (100%).
- Together with the board of directors you develop new exhibitions and are responsible for the organization and realization incl. Construction.
- You lead the team at the messmer art gallery, allocate tasks and oversee the day-to-day processes.
- Press and public relations work is your primary responsibility
- You are responsible for the preparation and processing of sales as well as for active visitor support (including museum educational tours and customer advice).
- Your activities also include proactive lender, artist and sponsor support and event acquisition along with organization
- General office work and accounting activities are also to be carried out.
- You are responsible for monitoring and maintaining the online presence, such as the website and social media channels. Html knowledge is an advantage.
- You are also in charge of the collection of the messmer foundation and are responsible for external communication and lending the collection
- You have completed a scientific university degree in the field of art history, cultural management or a comparable course and have several years of work experience. A PhD is preferred. Commercial experience in the art trade is an advantage.
- You are an organizational talent who works independently and in a structured manner
- You are a team player with above-average commitment. Our hierarchies are low. Everyone can do everything.
- You have very good IT skills (Microsoft Office/Outlook/image processing, etc.)
- You speak several foreign languages. (English required/French an advantage)
What we offer:
- Working in a small, young and motivated team.
- An interesting and varied place to work. Every day is different.
- You get a lot of creative freedom and space for your own ideas
- Regular team events
Please let us know your salary expectations and your earliest possible starting date.
Scientific traineeship for museum & gallery
On full time & from now on
The non-profit messmer foundation has been the sponsor of the messmer art gallery in Riegel am Kaiserstuhl, about 15 km north of Freiburg im Breisgau, since 2009.
On approx. 900 square meters of exhibition space, the museum presents 3 – 5 temporary exhibitions on classical modern and contemporary art every year.
The GALERIE MESSMER was founded in 2013 in Riegel am Kaiserstuhl by the former entrepreneur and founder of the messmer art gallery, Jürgen Messmer.
A large number of exhibitions and events take place in our gallery throughout the year.
We are now offering a full-time scientific traineeship for one year with an option to extend it by another year with remuneration. The volunteer primarily supports the exhibitions taking place in the Kunsthalle and gallery during this period, as well as day-to-day operations. In a small team we offer insights into all areas of our work, in particular exhibition management, press and public relations, event and marketing planning.
- Support for the organization of the exhibition
- Visitor support and secretarial duties
- Support for press and public relations work
- Assistance with events (collaboration, planning and execution)
- Maintenance of social media channels and the newsletter
- You have completed a university degree or have a major in art history or cultural management
- Experience in the art trade or in museums is an advantage.
- You are communicative and bring above-average commitment
- You have a structured, very careful way of working and are resilient and reliable even in stressful situations
- You have very good computer skills.
- You have foreign language skills in English and French
Please send your application with the usual documents by e-mail or post to:
art gallery messmer,
Mr Juergen Messmer
Grossherzog-Leopold-Platz 1, 70359 Riegel
Tel: 07642- 920 162 0
Unser Newsletter mit Informationen über unsere Ausstellungen, Künstler, u.v.m.! (Jederzeit kostenlos & kündbar)
Neue Werke – Zhuang Hong Yi & Patrick Hughes – 02.08.2022 – 23.10.2022